Tuesday 18 March 2014

What types of gate should I choose for my home?

What types of gate should I choose for my home?

Wrought iron gate, aluminium gate, wrought aluminium gate or stainless steel gate? This is a question that most home owner will have trouble with. I recently received an email from a customer asking me the difference between the gate or I decided to share with all the home owner who have the same problem.

As seen below, this is a material comparison page I showed my customer.

In summary, wrought iron gate is great for its strength and price but due to the Singapore's humid weather, it is prone to rust especially for home which are located near the coast of Singapore. Aluminium gate, wrought aluminium gate and stainless steel gate are good choice as they do not rust. However, they are slightly more pricey.

In short, I always tell my customer the following:

If you just want the security , pick wrought iron gate (very strong)

If you want the latest design, pick wrought aluminium gate (new material in market)

If you want privacy, pick aluminium gate (covered up designs are available)

If you want to the gate to look the same after 20 years, pick stainless steel gate.

After hearing these, some of my smart customers will ask me, "So what will you pick for your home?"

My answer is galvanised wrought iron gate. It is strong and less prone to rust due to the galvanised protection.

For more information, please refer to our website:
http://www.hohoengineering1976.com.sg/wrought-iron-gate-singapore.html

Questions regarding home decor are welcome. Just email to hohoengineering1976@yahoo.com.sg (att: Michelle)



1 comment:

  1. Do you have a showroom that I can visit? I'm planning to change my hdb gate to galvanised wrought iron or stainless steel type.

    ReplyDelete