Saturday 21 September 2013

What is the best colour for my wrought iron gate?

"Which colour should I choose for my gate?" is one of the most common questions that we get from customers.

As we all know, colours will make or break anything so we want to be extra careful about it especially when it comes to our wrought iron gate. Like it or not, the wrought iron gate of your house will be the first thing your friends, relatives or visitors noticed when they come knocking at your door. The last thing we want will be to let them have a wrong or negative impression about us.

Following are some questions I asked my customers when we do not know which colour to pick. I am happy to share with you now since you are reading my blog ;)

Tip 1: Ask yourself, "Do I like to clean my gate?"

If your answer is NO. I only clean it once a year before New Year then you might want to go with colours with a black base as compared to one with a sliver base. This is because it will require less maintenance from you and I personally find it nicer.

This is nothing to be embarrassed about since most Singaporeans today are busy working to earn money for a better lives.
Colours AvailableColours Available
If your answer is Yes. Congrat, you can have a wider choice.

For your info, 9 out of 10 customers choose a black based colour. The remaining one just have no choice because his or her condo management gave them a colour to follow.
Colours AvailableColours Available
Tip 2: Ask yourself, "Do I like it simple or colourful?"

If your answer is simple, then you might want to choose one single colour for your gate. From my experience seeing thousands of gates from our factory, I will said there are four colours that are the safe and pleasant looking:

Colour Number 1: Black/Sliver, my personal favourite because it is well-balanced colour that is modern. It is the top pick from most interior designers I met too.

Colour Number 2: Black/Gold, most people like money and gold of course. I have came across many customers who have chosen this colour after listening to the advice of their feng shui master.
Why not full gold? You may ask. We don't want to be so obvious and have a weird gate right?

Colour Number 3: Black/ Copper, a perfect colour that complement and blend with  your wooden colour door.

Colour Number 4: Black, simple and neat colour.

If your answer is colourful, you might want to choose one of the four above colours as the colour for your frame and bulk of your gate and choose 2 more colours for accessories like flower or spiral on your gate.
Why not 5 more colours? The answer is Less is More. Having three colours on your gate is the optimal number based on our experience and this theory is similar to how many colours you will wear on yourself.

Tip 3: Don't choose paint your gate entirely red, pink, yellow, orange or purple even if they are your favourite colours.

I have seen enough of disappointed faces of customers who were shocked when they see their gate on the installation date.

Within 6 to 12 months, they will be back to buy a new gate and tell me how much they regret not listening to me.

Why not just change a new colour? You may ask. Painting the wrought iron gate well require skills that most people including me don't have and due to the high cost of labour and fuel, we will charge $180 for repainting as they will need to bring the gate back to the factory. Sand all the paint off before applying a new coat of paint.

Buying a new gate with a price of $300 plus makes more sense.

Hope to see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment